Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Exploring Regression - The Train Ride



It's natural to regress or to review our past. In fact, we do it all the time. In the work we're doing here is "regression specific." We want to remember & possibily edit all the subconscious mind files that are related to specific disorderly eating behaviors & there are most likely many of them. In the past, you may not have wanted to explore these, mainly because you were probably reviewing them through the perception of guilt or shame, but that is not the case now. Your Unbalanced Self no longer requires the presence of these emotional states, for this part of you is only interested in getting unhealthy behaviors or habits into the light, where they can be healed & then edited for future health. Your Therapeutic Self & TeacherSelf have made it clear that mistakes are nothing more than exploring a way "not to do something." The only thing that was missing in the past, was moving past the way "not to do something" & putting in place what you want, just as if you already had that behavior or habit in place.

NOTE TO NEW READERS:

This experiential blog/workshop is based on my new book, "How Many Cookies Will It Take to Make Me Happy?" If you are new to my writing, you might want to read the earlier mini-chapters. They are available on FaceBook, The PublishersMarketPlace & at the following link. Remember to scan down to find the earliest chapters & work your way up. http://beyonddisorderlyeating.blogspot.com/
A bit of background.... we are working with creative Interactive Self-Hypnosis imagery, planting suggestions directly into the creative subconscious mind as you read along. What appears like a story is a series of self-hypnotic sessions, designed to bring about desired lifestyle changes. The inner mind is creative & rather child-like, loving to play with images, especially when they are emotionalized. Just like the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words", well-planted mind images, can be worth hours of therapy. We can actually change or motivate in 1/200th of a second. So come along & look forward to some lifestyle-changing events

THE TRAIN RIDE

I designed a program for my office clients that I called "The Train Ride." I also recorded it as a CD/mp3 because it worked so well. Once again, the train is an imaginology "containment", that allows for the subconscious mind to bring up specific memories, as well as to plant new thought programs. The train ticket is either regressive specific or future specific. Obviously, the train only goes one way at a time. That, in itself, is useful because in our normal, everyday thinking, we tend to go both ways at the same time, often bring confusion & lack of focus to the project. Once again, you do not have to be deep in hypnotic trance to utilize containment imagery. I do suggest that you put time aside for it, especially when first visiting & editing old memories. After that, you can jump into the containment at any time, in any moment.

Let me invite you onto my train, as we explore some areas that are connected to my personal eating issues. Imagine that we're at the train station, sitting on a bench, waiting for the train. This is a good time to relax deeply, in preparation for the suggestions that will be forthcoming. You might remember that a few slow, deep breaths will do it. Also plug into your "desire" to come along with me to a place where you will be learning how to take care of yourSelf in new ways. Please sense "desire" in your body, as well as in your mind. Emotions are chemical states that can be enhanced or diminished. In this case, we want to enhance "desire". Get excited about this new learning, for you should be excited. These images can change your life as you know it.

The train is pulling into the station. Pay attention to the details of the train, as this will slow your brain waves further, making suggestions easier to plant. The conductor has now put down the steps & we're climbing up & in. Come sit over here next to me. The train is all windows, allowing us to see very clearly. The conductor gave me a special button for stopping the train whenever I choose. As the train starts, sense the motion. We're going back in time in my life. You are simply an invited guest. I'm almost ready to push the button. We haven't gone back too far....just to earlier this week when I was having some desire to binge in the middle of the night. This is part of my "secret night eating" that has gone on for decades. I haven't had it for awhile & while I have some good ideas as to why this came back to announce itself, I want to ask my Self of that night, some specific questions. I also want to give her the opportunity to tell me about it, as well as what she needs from me. Obviously, I wasn't taking care of something.

The train has stopped & we can get off. My Self of that night is waiting. I'll introduce you. That way she can relax & not be fearful. Criticism, fear, guilt, shame & the like are never part of inner visits. I'm being invited to sit on a rock-chair by a stream. It's very peaceful here. This environment was not something I planned, but instead, was delivered by my subconscious mind....my helping mind. I speak of my concern & begin to ask some exploration questions....gently & with concern. The Self is now ready to share. I've come to realize that the amount of stress delivered during this period of time was very high & unrelenting. Since I have a tendency to compulsive, workaholism, the level of stress chemicals produced was way above "normal". I have a long history of releasing on food & this is what this Self became involved in doing. She was supported by Selves of the past who backed her up. My Therapeutic Self has now arrived, along with my TeacherSelf. We all just sit quietly, listening to the brook & sensing the light that is covering us. That is my Higher Self/Power who is helping us to release. Releasing through the light is a powerful tool for me & I invite you to utilize it as well. It's always available. Once the release has been completed, I tell this Self very clearly that it is no longer necessary to release on food. I ask her to remind all parts of me, to wake me up, should I be lost in workaholism. She agrees...the conductor now asks us to board the train. We're ready to move on now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Copyright 2009 Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht
May not be copied or reproduced without permission of the author.

Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht is author of Sugar...the Hidden Eating Disorder & How to Lick It. She is also the writer/producer of over 350 mp3/CD programs in the areas of medicine, health, prevention, addictions, self-development & sports for adults & children.

http://www.hypnosis-audio.com
http://www.sugar-addiction.com
http://www.international-medical-health-writers.com