Monday, July 13, 2009

New Paint & Wallpaper



Our minds are divided into separate areas, just like rooms in a house. Each room has a specific purpose & is decorated following the dictates of our thoughts & emotions. Even if you don't remember OKing the interior decor, you have done so by not disagreeing with the presented thoughts or emotions. Earlier in this book we built some Pods. These are purposeful rooms & as we go further, we'll built some additional ones, but right now, we're working inside our Automatic Journal, reviewing the decor of some rather big rooms that were established very early on in life. The particular room we are in right now actually belongs to me. It's my major "secret room" & in the last chapter you found me cleaning & clearing some of the pictures on the wall that are no longer useful to me, at least in this room. I've already shared with you the purpose of my secret. We all have secrets & each one does have a reason for being. Sometimes they are there for protection & other times to help us feel whole or balanced, even though they tend to leave us more unbalanced than before. My food addictions were a very temporary saving grace during the difficult times of my life. Then, they became habitual, presenting themselves as saviors for all sorts of experiences. The end result was that they brought me to the door of diabetes, one of the major killer diseases. Lucky for me, I was able to wake-up in time to be able to turn around & head down the path towards health.

Earlier on I mentioned that it's a good idea to transmute or change the decor of a big, old room such as an early secret. That way, should the subconscious mind return to it on "auto-pilot", new, healthy programming will be in place, thereby greeting you with very different behaviors. I'll take you back into my personal Automatic Writing Journal so you can observe me doing this, but first...

A NOTE TO NEW READERS:

This experiential blog/workshop is based on my new book, "How Many Cookies Will It Take to Make Me Happy?" If you are new to my writing, you might want to read the earlier mini-chapters. They are available on FaceBook, The PublishersMarketPlace & at the following link. Remember to scan down to find the earliest chapters & work your way up. http://beyonddisorderlyeating.blogspot.com/
A bit of background.... we are working with creative Interactive Self-Hypnosis imagery, planting suggestions directly into the creative subconscious mind as you read along. What appears like a story is a series of self-hypnotic sessions, designed to bring about desired lifestyle changes. The inner mind is creative & rather child-like, loving to play with images, especially when they are emotionalized. Just like the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words", well-planted mind images, can be worth hours of therapy. We can actually change or motivate in 1/200th of a second. So come along & look forward to some lifestyle-changing events.

JOURNAL SPEAK ENTRY 1991

I've put many of the pictures away...those that were stimulating my secret & disorderly eating. Those memories are powerful for me, but I need to utilize them in a more resourceful way. That is what resilience is all about. I've survived those memories & have become stronger because of them. I'm considering hanging them in a Pod I'm designing that is specific for "power & resilience." But, for now, that wall in here is clear & ready for new paint & wallpaper. I've asked the children, teens & adults who were frequent visitors to the "secret" to help me to choose some of the decorations. I'm surprised that some do not want to participate, preferring to stay in the old, sad & cluttered place. I've been told that this is a part of their Recovery & to respect it. They are fearful of the unknown & will need to come to it more gradually. However, once the room has changed, they will become accustomed to it & before long, will treat this as their new normal environment. I can accept that.

The wallpaper I've chosen is sunny & bright, bring flowers & other images of nature to the surroundings. I also have new photographs for the wall. Some are of happy moments from my past. I especially like remembering my wedding, the birth of my sons & travels to lands far away. One of my childSelves has brought images of roller skating, sleigh riding & playing the clarinet in the orchestra. There is plenty of space for more & as time passes, I'm sure more parts of mySelf will participate. So, we now have a new secret place...rather like a clubhouse....private, safe & secure, but most of all, healthy.

Copyright 2009 Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht
May not be copied or reproduced without permission of the author.

Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht is author of Sugar...the Hidden Eating Disorder & How to Lick It. She is also the writer/producer of over 350 mp3/CD programs in the areas of medicine, health, prevention, addictions, self-development & sports for adults & children.

http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.bohorquez
http://www.twitter.com/elizRN

http://www.hypnosis-audio.com
http://www.sugar-addiction.com
http://www.international-medical-health-writers.com