Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Library of the Mind



We are working inside the subconscious mind library. If you are new to my work, scroll down to the blog entry underneath this one, so you will acclimate into this particular "mind exercise."

READY...

As you learn your way around your “inner filing cabinet and subconscious library” you will find many different kinds of files that can be utilized to meet your needs. Among other things you will find past experience files, as well as future files that haven't even happened yet. With a little practice will be able to see how these connect with your belief systems and how they affecting your current daily health patterns. Once again, you may find some to be helpful, but others may actually be blocking current goals. This holds true for past experiences or beliefs, as well as those you may have already placed in future files. This is called future pacing and can work for you or against you. Later on in this book you will find an entire chapter dedicated to working with your past and future time-line.

The subconscious mind library is vast and filled with tremendous resources, ready for you to access when you know how to do so. As you are well aware, everything is not positive, but do know that everything is useful. Interactive self-hypnosis will help you to disassociate, and to enter your editing mind-set. You are now ready to become the writer, director and producer of your life. You can locate more areas for re-programming, as you become more skilled at heightened awareness. Then you can design your desires, in other words exactly what you want, in the special image and emotional format that is clearly understood by your subconscious mind. You will be ready to change course, right in the moment.

LEARNING WITH OTHERS...

It helps us to read about others in our own quest for health and balance. As you read through Claire’s story, see if you can find some self-comparisons. Then, I’ll address some of the issues presented here.

Meet Claire…

"I'm 38 years old and work in television production with a major network. I am over-weight and completely stressed out. I am a binge eater and rarely eat regular meals. I bite my nails and pull at my hair when I'm nervous. I've tried artificial nails, but I pick those off as well and so I spend quite a bit of energy hiding my hands as they are a true embarrassment to me, especially in my profession. Why can't I stop this? I know that I drink too much coffee and on weekends I find myself binge drinking. I've thought about this and think it is because I'm trying to fit in all of my fun and relaxation on the weekend. I do feel entitled to this because I don't have a minute to myself during the week. I am married and have two school-age children who are already over-extended in activities, making my life even worse because of time constraints, but what's a Mom to do?

Here is the frightening part. I truly don't feel well physically. I'm fatigued just about all the time and have frequent headaches. I truly do not remember the last time I felt well. I had a medical check-up and the doctor told me that I am fine. I am not fine and not even near to fine. This frightens me even more than having a diagnosis of something. Is that strange or what? I went to counseling and found it useless because, despite everything, I'm a fairly happy and successful person. I have a good marriage and two great children. I'm just not well.

I don't know how to start or where to start. I'm like a "messy desk" that I don't seem to have time to straighten it out because people, including myself, keep putting more things on it. I'm truly frightened that I will die from all of this stress and yet I can't seem to motivate myself out of this. My doctor offered me medications and I turned them down. I truly don't think that they will solve any of this. I see this as something I absolutely must do myself. I think I understand what is past and what is not. I'm also quite clear about what I don't want. Why doesn’t my subconscious mind respect this, and help me to clean up my disorder?"

About Claire...

Claire is forming her actual goals from the images she plays in her mind. The subconscious mind does not judge. It simply takes the most current mind pictures or thoughts as the goal. Like radar, it attracts like experiences from the outside world and also from the subconscious mind library. This is goal reinforcement. The more frequently Claire plays a particular mind program, whether she wants it or not, the stronger the mind etching. This is how habits and fully orchestrated negative mind programs are constructed.

On a positive note, it is possible to design automatic mind programs that pre-instruct the subconscious mind to diminish a negative thought and replace it with a positive- goal-orientated program. This can be orchestrated under the direction of the subconscious mind librarian or inner assistant. This will be covered in the chapter focusing on self-hypnosis applications.

Claire’s mind programs are quite negative, now infecting other areas of her life. She has a tendency towards boredom, and was actually surprised to identify this negative mind-state during her work with me, because her job has some exciting aspects. But not all aspects were exciting. There is no job that I know about that is completely free of drudgery. As Claire investigated her work-related-boredom, she admitted through a veil of shame that she was also bored with mothering, being a wife, a neighbor and even sometimes being a friend. She feels so bad that in her own words, she felt like running away. This is why Claire binge eats and drinks.

Each time Claire experiences the above scenarios, they are seen as her goals, repeatedly etched into her subconscious mind programs. These very programs are like a virulent virus, busy looking for more areas and experiences to infect. In the past her boredom was hidden, but experienced in the body in the form of stress sensations. This is what took her to her physician, who gave her a clean of bill of health. There is no blood test, x-ray or medical diagnosis for boredom, embarrassment, shame, guilt and repressed anger.

Now that Claire has uncovered her boredom and other related emotions, she will begin to see and sense more of it. Bad news? Not at all, for now Claire is able to clearly identify the offending emotions, the connected experiences and can release these, thereby stopping the virus contagion and her bingeing. She is now in the powerful position of being in direct communication with her inner mind. She can decide to program her mind for what she wants. She can also request the particular emotional mind-states she would like to accompany this new programming.

In the next blog, we'll explore Clare's inner motivation programs...

A NOTE TO NEW READERS

This experiential blog/workshop is based on my new book, "How Many Cookies Will It Take to Make Me Happy?" This book is not published as yet, but you have the opportunity to read it in it's unpublished state. If you are new to my writing, you might want to read the earlier mini-chapters. They are available on FaceBook, The PublishersMarketPlace & at the following link. Remember to scan down to find the earliest chapters & work your way up. http://beyonddisorderlyeating.blogspot.com/
A bit of background.... we are working with creative Interactive Self-Hypnosis imagery, planting suggestions directly into the creative subconscious mind as you read along. What appears like a story is a series of self-hypnotic sessions, designed to bring about desired lifestyle changes. The inner mind is creative & rather child-like, loving to play with images, especially when they are emotionalized. Just like the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words", well-planted mind images, can be worth hours of therapy. We can actually change or motivate in 1/200th of a second. So come along & look forward to some lifestyle-changing events.


Copyright 2009 Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht
May not be copied or reproduced without permission of the author.

Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht is author of Sugar...the Hidden Eating Disorder & How to Lick It. She is also the writer/producer of over 350 mp3/CD programs in the areas of medicine, health, prevention, addictions, self-development & sports for adults & children.

http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.bohorquez
http://www.twitter.com/elizRN

http://www.hypnosis-audio.com
http://www.sugar-addiction.com
http://www.international-medical-health-writers